On-Site Flu Vaccine Program
A Shot of Prevention
Flu vaccines offer a simple way to improve your employees’ health and protect your productivity. In support of a healthier workforce and workplace, WellSpan Health makes it easy and convenient for employees to get their flu vaccines. We know that an annual flu vaccine helps build an individual’s immunity and helps to mitigate the spread of the disease, yielding many positive results for employers and employees alike.
Many area employers take advantage of our WellSpan Flu Vaccine Program each year to provide their employees with convenient options of receiving the flu vaccine administered at their workplace or through our voucher program.
Reserve Your Flu Vaccines Now
Planning for the flu season starts NOW.
We place the preliminary order for the vaccines in May to ensure vaccine availability for the fall flu vaccine clinics.
- To ensure availability, employers are asked to identify their intent to participate AND to place a reserve order of flu vaccines by May 15.
- Employers only pay for the flu vaccines administered. There is no fee for the on-site service or staff time to provide the on-site service with a minimum of 30 vaccines administered.
- Employers choose how to pay for vaccines - directly paid to WellSpan or submitted through employee insurance.
- Vouchers are provided for employees unable to attend the on-site clinic and to smaller companies who wish to participate but who do not have the required minimum number of 30 participants for on-site service.
- As we have done in years past, WellSpan will offer the quadrivalent vaccines as recommended by the cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/quadrivalent.htm to optimize the coverage and provide the broadest spectrum of immunity available.
- We recommend scheduling your flu clinic in October or November to maximize the benefit and efficiency of the vaccine throughout the flu season.
For more information call 717-812-6688 or email occupationalhealth@WellSpan.org